Learning aim. Participants will:
- Leave the course able to responding effectively to keep children safe and ensure staff are treated fairly.
Learning outcomes. Participants will:
- Determine the difference between a complaint, quality of care issue & an allegation
- Make analytic and effective referrals to the LADO
- Undertake internal investigations in line with interagency guidance
- Participate effectively in strategy discussions
- Make proportionate and evidenced decisions about suspension
- Work positively with young people, parents and other agencies
- Lead work under disciplinary and capability procedures
- Receive a copy of dialogue’s template managing allegations procedure and tools
John Woodhouse has worked to a senior level in local authorities managing children in care and child protection services. He has led complex staff and carer investigations and worked with organisations to reinvigorate a stronger safeguarding mindset and culture across their teams.
The course will be running online until face-to-face training can resume.
If you’re unable to make this one but are interested, or have eight or more managers and wish to run the event at your venue, please contact us.