Learning aim. Participants will:
- Leave the course able to responding effectively to keep children safe and ensure staff are treated fairly.
Learning outcomes. Participants will:
- Determine the difference between a complaint, quality of care issue & an allegation
- Make analytic and effective referrals to the LADO
- Undertake internal investigations in line with interagency guidance
- Participate effectively in strategy discussions
- Make proportionate and evidenced decisions about suspension
- Work positively with young people, parents and other agencies
- Lead work under disciplinary and capability procedures
Brian Smith has experience of over 37 years in social care to work with service providers to improve services to children. What drives Brian is a continued belief that we must do better in achieving positive outcomes for children in care and use the learning from all opportunities to improve the quality of life for these children.
The course will be running online or contact us to enquire about running a course at your own venue.
If you’re unable to make this one but are interested, or have eight or more managers and wish to run the event at your venue, please contact us.