- discuss and define the role within the current context of the sector, in particular drawing on work in the South West to develop RI Standards
- analyse the requirements of the role within the context of increased accountability
- align the requirements of the role to the current regulatory and inspection frameworks.
– case study review
– peer review
– professional reflection
- We will review the monitoring and quality assurance in the role in terms of the potential evidence base which can be tested
- We will discuss the roles of the RI and RM-the tensions which can be inherent in the roles , how to work together effectively within clear definitions and boundaries.
- You will have the opportunity to bring current issues for discussion
- We will consider current updates and any changes in the sector
Chris Freestone has worked with young people across health, education and social care. She began as a paediatric nurse becoming a nurse lecturer at Exeter College, then retrained in education culminating in a post as the head teacher at the Dame Hannah Rogers Trust – a school for young people with the most complex health needs. In between she has fitted in work as the director of an independent fostering agency and as a lead inspector for CSCI and with Ofsted. Chris has a strong footing in reflective, challenging practice and encourages participants to explore their experience, compare these to the requirements of the regulatory and inspection framework and take action that is right for young people.
booking and dates
At this time there are no courses scheduled. If you are looking for an individual place please fill in the form on the right. If you want to book the course for your organisation or setting please contact us.
can’t make those dates
sign up to our responsible individual training course waiting list here…