Aim of the training:
- Support candidates to understand what the use of inherent jurisdiction to safeguard children means
- Provide confidence in managing court orders and information
- Know the legal implications and when to ask for further clarification
Objectives of the training:
- To be able to use a range of data and case studies to determine the current national picture
- To exercise curiosity in the management of depriving a child of their liberty
- Understanding the expectations of information requests
- To drive planning for children and their next steps
other relevant courses
Jacqui McCann is a Safeguarding Consultant, Accredited Trainer, and an experienced Independent Visitor. She holds a level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management with Children and Young People and is currently studying MA Professional Practice with Children and Young People.
Throughout the various studies Jacqui has completed she has developed training packages to improve practice at all levels of individuals working with children who are looked after. Jacqui has specialised in working with children who have been impacted by exploitation and is an advocate to ensure their voices are heard and considered in decisions made around their care.